Monday, February 18, 2013

Sample Oral Assessment

The Piano Film review (HL)

I listened to the oral of the piano film and looked at the examiners comments. Based on the IB rubric my score to this student is 24/25, but the score given by the examiners is 23/25. For me the student explained thoroughly the importance of the extract of the film by using film language and always relating it to the film as a whole. She shows insightful interpretation and supports it by talking about cinematography, editing, and genre. In addition, she also talks about the music, though I wish she would explain how that creates meaning and what effect does it has on the film. 

The Bride of Frankenstein review (SL)

This review was scored by the examiners with 22/25, but the score I would give him is 24/25. The examiner explains that the only reason it didn't get the highest score is because of absence of social-culture, however, I feel that he does explains the social culture of the film and how it affected the film. In addition, his explanation is well organized making it easier to understand  and most importantly he connects the extract to the film as a whole. The only reason why I would not give him the maximum score is because I feel he could have explored the genre a little bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment